Rentokil Online Payment Service Terms & Conditions
The Online Payment Service Terms & Conditions apply to the use of the online payment transaction services (the "Online Payment Service") for the payment of services rendered, or to be rendered, by Rentokil Initial Singapore Pte Ltd (the "Company").
Online Payment Service Terms & Conditions constitute a contract between you and the Company. As such, please read them carefully.
Please note that in order to proceed to make payment using the Online Payment Service, you must check the box provided. By checking the box, you also accept the Online Payment Service Terms & Conditions as indicated below.
Please note that the Online Payment Service Terms & Conditions may be modified by the Company as and when the Company deems necessary, with or without notice. Please therefore ensure that you read the Online Payment Service Terms & Conditions carefully on each occasion that you use this Online Payment Service.
This version of the Online Payment Service Terms & Conditions was last updated on 1 June 2016.
You may use the Online Payment Service for the purposes of making payments to the Company where the Company offers the services, provided that you do not use the service for any unauthorised or unlawful purpose.
You warrant that:
- You are aged 18 or over.
- You have the appropriate authority to validly accept the Online Payment Service Terms & Conditions and are able to and will meet your obligations in relation to these Terms & Conditions.
- The credit/debit card used in connection with the Online Payment Service is issued in your name.
- You will pay the credit/debit card issuer all charges incurred in the use of the service.
- The information supplied by you is true and correct.
All charges are in Singapore Dollars (SGD) and inclusive of the prevailing 7% Goods & Service Tax (GST).
It is your duty and responsibility to verify that all transaction information and other details provided to the Company are correct. The Company shall not be liable for transactions which are incorrectly executed as a result of inaccurate data entry in the course of your usage of the Online Payment Service.
Provision/collection of information
You acknowledge that the card information and other personal data supplied by you in relation to the use of the Online Payment Service is processed through a secure third party website. The only information required by and supplied to the Company via the third party website is as set out below:
- The invoice or contract number
- The name of the payer
- The contact number of the payer
- The email address of the payer
- The payment amount
By using the Online Payment Service, you agree:
- To provide information through electronic means, i.e. you agree to provide any relevant information, in the format and to the standards described for each transaction, for the purpose of processing the transaction and providing the service you have requested.
- That the information supplied by you will be retained in electronic form by the Company to the extent that legal or business purposes require the retention of such information.
- To receive information through electronic means for the purposes of processing the transaction and providing the service you have requested and that no information shall be furnished to you in hard copy.
All transactions for which you utilize the Online Payment Service to make payments are subject to the current refund policy the Company holds, which is set out below.
All requests for refunds must be supported by the relevant documentation and proof. The Company shall have absolute discretion to reject any requests for refunds in the absence of the relevant documentation and sufficient proof that services have been inadequately rendered by the Company.
In circumstances where it is firmly established that customers have credit balances which they are entitled to have refunded, the following protocols will apply:
- If the Company does not have an on-going trading relationship with the customer, the Company shall write to the customer to request for further instructions in relation to the handling of the credit balance.
- If the Company has an on-going trading relationship with the customer, the Company shall furnish the customer with a full statement of accounts.
The Company accepts no responsibility for the refusal or reversal of payments, which shall be a matter between you and your card issuer.
If you dispute the amount on your invoice or contract, please call our hotline at 6347 8138.
The Company has taken reasonable steps to protect the information it holds from misuse and loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure, and payments using the Online Payment Service are made through what the Company reasonably believes is a secure third party website.
However, you acknowledge and agree that Internet transmissions cannot be guaranteed to be entirely secure or private and any information provided by you (including card information) may be able to be read and/or intercepted by a third party. The Company shall have no liability for the interception and/or 'hacking' of any data or other unauthorised access to information provided by you for the purposes of utilizing the Online Payment Service.
The Company's General Terms & Conditions of Service
The General Terms & Conditions of Service set out below this paragraph are applicable to all services provided by the Company, including the Online Payment Service, and form part of the Online Payment Service Terms & Conditions.
- This agreement is a contract between you (the "Customer") and the Company only. A person who is not a party to this Agreement shall have no right under the Contracts (Right of Third Parties) Act (Cap. 53B) to enforce any of its terms.
- The Customer agrees that it shall not use the Company's services, including the Online Payment Service, for any unlawful purposes or to cause damage to any third party.
- All treatment or services due from the Company under the applicable contract shall be deemed utilized or spent by the Customer in the event of three (3) unsuccessful attempts by the Company to arrange for an appointment with the Customer within the same month.
- The Company shall not be held liable for any indirect, incidental or consequential damages, including without limitation, any loss of profits, data or income arising out of or in connection to the treatment or service rendered.
- All treatment or services due under the applicable contract must be utilized by the Customer within the term of the contract (the "Contracted Period"), failing which it shall be deemed spent or forfeited under the said contract. The Company shall not entertain any request for performance of such spent of forfeited treatments or services and there shall be no extension of the original contract period to accommodate such requests.
- The Company agrees to exercise all reasonable skill, care and diligence in the discharge of the duties hereby covenanted and shall attend to all re-infestation of the pests for which treatment or services by the Company was originally covenanted for without imposing additional charges.
- The Company shall not be liable for repairs, replacements, consequential damages, losses and/or summonses incurred as a result of the activities (including re-infestation) of the said pests.
- The Customer shall make freely available access to all parts of the premises for which treatments or services by the Company have been covenanted for during the time and for the purpose of any inspection or treatment by the Company. Such premises shall not include areas which are obstructed, inaccessible and/or landscaped areas.
- Subject to clause 12 herein, in the event that the Customer is fined (during the Contracted Period) by the relevant authorities despite having taken all applicable housekeeping measures (detailed in "Steps to Effective Mosquito Management") to prevent the occurrence of mosquito breeding sites, the Company shall bear responsibility for a mosquito summons of 50% of the monthly mosquito fee.
- The Customer acknowledges that the Company will not represent the Customer in court and agrees that it shall not request such representation by the Company.
- For purposes of verification, the Customer shall inform the Company of any summonses issued to it within twenty-four (24) hours from the time of the offence, failing which the Company shall not be liable.
- Compensation shall be in the form of reimbursement after the client has submitted an official receipt to the Company within 7 working days from the time of payment.
- The Company may increase the price for on-going services after the first anniversary of the Agreement or at any time thereafter by giving one (1) month prior notice in writing.
- The Customer shall indemnify the Company from and against all loss, damage or liability and legal fees and costs incurred by the Company in the event of or as a result of any act or default by the Customer or its agents and employees pursuant to this agreement.
- This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the Customer and the Company. No variation, extension, exclusion or cancellation of this agreement shall be binding (unless terminated in accordance with these terms) unless it is confirmed in writing by an authorized officer of the Company.
- This agreement shall be governed by and construed in all respects in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Singapore and each party hereby submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts in Singapore.